These are my compiled MODs for pimping up my 42083 Bugatti Chiron. - Includes free 428 pages PDF with step-by-step building instructions. - You will need 264 additional parts to the original set 42083-1. Use rebrickable's compare feature to see which parts you need.
- Adding a center diff into power train inside gearbox. Fits well into the design and is clearly visible from the underside. Without center diff there was a lot of torsion inside the power train when driving curves. Now, the center diff enables smooth driving without internal torsion. This solution was inspired by SNIPE and enhances play-ability a lot!
- reversed paddle shifter, so that shifting up "+" will be done by pulling the right hand paddle - fixing a part error: In BOOK 1, page 114, step 5 you will need 4 frictionless pins to be mounted on the 24t gear
- Fixed the "wabbly door issue" by adding door hinges similar to 42056 Porsche GT3 RS - I needed to flip some 2x4 liftarms in the doors to get space for the hinges to move free (see building instructions) - Adding a self-locking and self-opening door-lock - see green parts in this video for details - now we have stable doors locking themself with a nice cloc-sound as it used to be for a Bugatti
- Easy to access Hand of God (HoG) gear switch and indicator motivated by ttoobbyy And this is not only a gear indicator, it is a HOG gear switch. You may easy switch between all of the 8 gears by your finger tip, without a pain to reach the paddle shifter underneath the steering wheel. The paddles still work, if you like.
- Improved rear axle suspension to avoid sagging by replacing friction pins
- 3D model (*.mpd) made with LDCad 1.6b - PDF building instructions made with LPub3D